Where I Shop For Clothes

When my friend Lauren recently asked where I shop for clothes, I realized: (1) that I haven’t shopped for clothes in a long, long time (due to being pregnant and then trying to lose the baby weight and because “I’ve traded fashion for furniture!”); and (2) that when I do shop for clothes, I mostly go to 5 stores.  Here goes:

Nordstrom

Also known as Mecca.  If I only have time to find something fast, I head to Nordstrom.  They have everything there and their customer service is always top notch.  I’m particularly fond of my “shoe guy.”  I find that now that I’m older, I’m willing to spend more for quality pieces that I know I’ll keep and wear for a long time and save on things like tank tops that I can stock up on at Target or Old Navy.   I still want the best value for my money, and I feel like Nordstrom delivers.  I like their selection and even shop their junior department for fun finds at lower prices.  I also shop online because their website is really user friendly with good quality pictures. 

Granted, I shopped for clothes much more when I was a working girl.  My law firm was pretty casual as far as law firms go, and I loved wearing dresses because it’s just one piece that you can easily accessorize.   I’ve also found a couple of dresses to wear to weddings there.   I’m seeing some nice fall/winter clothes there now too.

image

Accessory heaven.  I love to just browse their jewelry, even if I don’t end up buying anything.  Again, online is great for this.  They have a huge variety and many pieces under $50.  A few key pieces are all you really need to add some wow to your daily look.  

image

Their shoe department is first rate. 

image

I got hooked on MAC eye shadow, eye liner, and brow pencil years ago and am a creature of habit. 

image

Ann Taylor Loft  

I always found suits at Ann Taylor Loft and they have petite sizes, so I never had to alter anything.  My most comfy capris (mommy uniform) are from Loft.  Also, everything goes on sale there and they have coupons galore. 

image 

Banana Republic

Banana is another place where I always have a coupon and everything goes on sale.  I head straight to the sale rack.  They are known for carrying nice, lightweight sweaters and cardigans, which you can tell I love if you’ve seen my closet.   Their accessories, including belts, are really great too. 

image 

Express

My “go-to” place for button up shirts (long, short, and sleeveless in the summer-it’s HOT in Houston!)was Express.  They are fitted, which is nice, and I would buy them in lots of different colors, patterns and styles for work. 

97_977_8001_700 97_850_7665_948 97_850_7881_944 97_854_7942_045 97_854_7943_041 97_854_7946_034 97_854_8132_037 97_977_7745_776 97_977_7978_721

Target

No matter what’s on my “list” when I head to Target, I always see something sooooo cute in their clothing department.  And let’s face it, how easy is it to just pick up a cute top at Target when we’re there every other week anyway?  I live in their tank tops and flip flops in the spring and summer.  Because they are fairly inexpensive, I don’t feel that bad if they only last one or two seasons.  And almost all of my maternity clothes were from Target.

Occasionally, if I want something more edgy, I’ll pop into Arden B or Bebe.   Macy’s “Inc.” and Michael Kors departments are nice too.  Other clothing stores I like, but don’t shop at much, are Anthropology and J Crew.  

So, fill me in.  Where am I missing?  What’s your favorite place to shop?  What about online?  

P.S. I’m guest posting over at Stilletos and Diaper bags today.  Congratulations on your new baby Lisa!!  We can’t wait to meet your baby girl:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment