Christmas Vignette

While the Christmas tree is coming along slowly but surely, I at least got the color pallet figured out.  Instead of a red, white, and blue American flag holiday home, we now have turquoise, silver, white, and red.  Nice huh?  Here’s a little preview of those colors in a playful, festive vignette I put together in our bar area. 

image

First I filled the glass vases (from Target and Home Goods) with faux snow and ornaments.  Then I wrapped “presents” and made a few bows. 

image

Snowflake ornaments from Hobby Lobby hang from above.

Christmas Vingette 035

Would you believe I did all of this and snapped some of the photos during James’ afternoon nap?!  It’s true!  Halfway through with wrapping paper and ribbon everywhere I started thinking, “He’s gonna wake up any minutes and be all over this!”  But no:)

image

image

image

I love this “naughty” and “nice” gift wrap I found at Wal-Mart last year.   The other wrap is from Hobby Lobby and The Container Store.

image

Christmas Vingette 025

You say it doesn’t snow in Texas?

image image

Oh, I forgot to mention that Jimmy picked up a few poinsettias at Home Depot over the weekend.  See that little guy peeking out at the end? :) 

Christmas Vingette 050

I’m sharing this post with Rhoda, Queen of Southern Hospitality!

image

and my girl Nicolette at Momnivore’s Dilemma.

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment