DIY {Inspiration Board}

My office is coming along, slowly but surely.  I’ve made curtains, got a new desk, chair and chandelier (that still needs to be hung), and found a rug (so soft and plush on my toes) that I love!  Even though the room has a ways to go before it’s “complete”, I love disappearing into there and working, blogging, crafting.   The walls were still pretty bare, (except for my Blogs and Coffee poster:), so I decided to make an inspiration board.

Blogs and Coffee 010

There is one wall in particular, to the right of my desk, that was the perfect size for the board. 

image Supplies:

  • Cork board
  • Spray paint
  • Fabric (mine is from Fabric.com)
  • Scissors
  • Spray adhesive
  • Thumb tacks (300ish)

I used this very basic cork board and spray painted the frame white.

image

Measured and cut my fabric to fit just inside the frame.

 Inspiration Board 001 Inspiration Board 002

I sprayed the cork board with adhesive and lay the fabric on top.

Inspiration Board 003

Then, borrowing an idea from Hi Sugarplum!, I added white thumbtacks (from Wal-Mart) to the edge of the board.  I ran out of thumb tacks towards the end (so annoying!) and had to go get more.  I ended up using about 300.

Inspiration Board 004

It’s a little lot difficult to get the tacks to line up perfectly, so I had to redo several.

Inspiration Board 005

After all the thumb tacks were in place, I nailed the board to the wall.   I switched out the gray lampshades for white too.  The gray ones went to live in the master bedroom.

  image

image

Here’s how the board looks paired with the drapes.

image

And in case you’re curious about what the books are- I’m always nosy like that:)

image

To see another use of this cool fabric, go to Modern Jane and check out her bench seat cushion!  Love it girl:) 

**********

I’m sharing this post with these fabulous blogs:

{M} Between Naps on the Porch * Making The World Cuter * Thrifty Decor Chick * Skip To My Lou * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Super Stinky Boys * C.R.A.F.T. {T} Today’s Creative Blog * All Thingz Related * Sugar Bee * New Nostalgia * I’m Topsy Turvy {W} Blue Cricket Design * Me and my Bucket * Someday Crafts * My Backyard Eden {Th} House of Hepworths * Somewhat Simple * The Shabby Chic Cottage * Beyond The Picket Fence * Life as Lori {F} Serenity Now * Infarrantly Creative *Just a Girl * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Decor Mamma * Remodelaholic * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Fun to Craft * The Shabby Nest * The Inspired Room * A Few of My Favorite Things * My Romantic Home {S} A Vision to Remember * Funky Junk Interiors * A Little Lovely * Tatertots and Jello * Be Different Act Normal {S} I Heart Nap Time * Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment