Happy Thanksgiving!

First, I just have to say that you guys rock!  All of the positive comments on Jimmy’s Holiday Gift Guide (For Him) post yesterday had him beaming all.day.long!  He was seriously pouring over every comment and feeling very vindicated in his opinions.  I have to say I am glad that his post was well-received because I was a little worried about how sarcastic and opinionated he is.  But that’s my man for ya.  And I’m deliriously thankful for him and our baby today.

I hope you are enjoying the day with your friends and family, having a wonderful meal (followed by dessert, of course) and relaxing!  I’m doing the same here.  We’re splitting the day between Jimmy’s family and mine and then there will be football watching and lots of lounging around.  Sounds good to me!  Today I’m sharing with you the table I decorated for Thanksgiving in our home. 

image

This year, I was inspired by the image below to create a tablescape using a modern gold and blue palette, instead of my usual red and orange tones.

Picture-356-239x300

I began by giving some pumpkins a quick coat of metallic gold spray paint.  Here they are before:

Gma, Thanksgiving table 001

And here they are after, along with some pale blue placemats from Target and our wedding china. 

Gma, Thanksgiving table 035

Gma, Thanksgiving table 025

I liked how it looked, but thought it needed a little more pizzaz, perhaps with some candles or fresh flowers.  I ended up finding some glass candleholders and white candles at Hobby Lobby (50% off- yay!) and my friend Courtney (A Thoughtful Place) alerted me to a cloth runner at Cost Plus World Market.  So then, I changed the table to this: 

Thanksgiving Table.02 001

Thanksgiving Table.02 007

I love the “oomph” this floral runner gives to the table with its pretty mix of colors, but it still needed charger plates and/or a light blue tablecloth underneath.  After a run to Target, I came home with a tablecloth, but no chargers.  The only ones I liked (and they only had a couple of choices) were $10 each, so I passed and will add them to my list of things to hunt down before Christmas.    I think it finally came together! Looks much better with the tablecloth.

Recap on Sources:

  • China- Ralph Lauren
  • Spray Paint- Krylon Metallic Brilliant Gold and Rustoleum Specialty Metallic Gold
  • Candleholders and candles- Hobby Lobby
  • Runner and cloth napkins- Cost Plus World Market
  • Tablecloth- Target

image

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment