Christmas Staircase

I’m excited this year to start some of our own family traditions- one of which, of course, being putting up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving!  I’m also planning to add the Christmas decor to our staircase and have been scanning magazines and blogs for ideas.  I want to do some sort of garland, and recently measured our stairway railing at 50 feet, so I’m gonna need a LOT of garland.  Luckily, Hobby Lobby has it 50%, so I’m sure they’ll be getting a visit from me soon!  And the tree will go on the first floor, in the center of the curve of the staircase. 

kitchen 034

I’ve had these images, from Centsational Girl, saved since last year.  I love how she swagged her garland (not too low) and infused it with red using ribbon, ornaments and berries.  Of course, her stairs don’t look like that now that she’s replaced the carpet with hardwoods and revamped the walls. 

frontentryfull_thumb frontentrychristmas_thumb

The green and lime garland in this stairway is nice.  You don’t normally see lime green in a traditional stairway garland.

image Better Homes & Gardens

I like this garland too, minus the pineapple.  Maybe if I were in Hawaii!

image Better Homes & Gardens

Now this is cool.  Instead of wrapping the stairs with garland, they used smaller bunches of garland, branches, berries and ornaments to adorn the individual posts. 

image

Better Homes & Gardens

I like how natural this one looks.

image

Better Homes & Gardens

This one is quite festive, and the ice skates are a cute touch.  I’ve seen similar glittered stars at Target and Wal-Mart for $2.00.

image

How cute are these red wreaths?  So vibrant!

image

Martha Stewart

This silver and pinky/peach color combination and glittered garland is pretty swanky.

image Martha Stewart

The natural leaf garland on this stairway is gorgeous.  The candles are pretty too, although pretty impractical here.

image

Coastal Living Photo Jean Allsopp

And talk about a pop of color!  How fun, but I’m not sure how many people have stark white stairs and walls in their home.

image Real Simple, photographed by Annie Schlechter

I know a lot of people have carpeted stairs like these.  The pillow decor is very easy and festive.

image

via Flicker

If you have stairs, how do you adorn them for Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment