Blog Update

Well happy Monday to you!  Are you looking forward to Thanksgiving?  I am!  It feels like a holiday already since this week will be a short work week for the hubby and because, gulp, I started decorating our staircase for Christmas over the weekend!   I normally resist all Christmas decor until the day after Thanksgiving, but I made an exception this year for the stairs- and I’m glad I did because it’s still not finished!  Have you held off or begun to indulge?

This weekend I also got my new calling cards, sold by Jen of Made By Girl.  I don’t necessarily NEED these cards, but I had to have them:)  I like how the chevron stripe kinda echos my blog design and color. 

image

And Jen is great to work with too.  When I went to order the cards, the system wasn’t letting me place the apostrophe in “We’re” so I emailed her to let her know.  She and her tech guy emailed me right back and fixed it.  Then she made an exception and printed my cards with capitals and lowercase when she normally does them in all lowercase letters.  AND my cards arrived pronto.  Seriously, they shipped the day after I approved my order!

**********

Changing subjects, I wanted to highlight a few subtle changes that occurred recently at Honey We’re Home.   Did you notice?  :)  

First, I updated my Blog Love again!  The list (on the right hand column) is getting long, but these are the blogs I look forward to reading everyday.  

Second, I was happy with my overall original blog design, but I wanted a few things changed, like the font on my header, blog button and sidebar titles.  I had the pleasure of working with blog designer Jenna Rammell of Q.A. Designs, who made the improvements.   Jenna was so responsive and implemented exactly what I wanted.   If you are wanting to make some changes to your blog design, I REALLY recommend her.  She also designed my friend Courtney’s (A Thoughtful Place) blog, which is how I found her.

image 

Previous Header

image

New Header

image

                                              Previous Button                      New Button

image         image

The change is subtle, but I wanted a font that was a little less traditionally cursive and a little more modern.  The new font is Vivaldi.  Do you like it? 

We also changed the font and the wording on my sidebar titles.  The new font is Saginaw.  I think it’s really fun.

image 

Finally, the tabs in the navigational tool bar were edited.  My “DIY” tab was previously broken and now it works.  Two new tabs were also added.

image   image

The Holiday tab features all of my posts dedicated to, what else, holiday decor!  I will continue to update this tab throughout the seasons and hope it is a quick and easy resource for simple, beautiful holiday decoration ideas. 

The Advertise tab was born because recently I’ve gotten a few emails from companies asking me to do a product review or giveaway.  I hadn’t originally considered having ads on my site so we’ll see how it goes- if it goes at all! 

You can also check out the other tabs that I update regularly.

image

Our Home takes you through our home-building process, from buying the lot, the construction phase, and of course, the ever-evolving decorating!  You’ll see scary pregnant pictures of me there too- yikes!

image

Organization shows some of the places and things that I’ve organized in our house.  Since organizing is one of my favorite things, I’ve got lots to show you in this area that I’ve yet to post. image

DIY.  Sometimes I buy, sometimes I make it myself.  When I DIY, I show you here.

image

Featured.  HWH has been blessed to be featured on some awesome blogs and I really appreciate every mention, shout out, and blog love.  This is my way of saying Thank You.  

image

Baby.  My favorite!  Can I admit that I browse my own blog to look back at my baby’s progress over the months?! 

Tomorrow I have a super fun post for you about Black Friday shopping!  Because we are thinking about the day AFTER Thanksgiving too, right?!  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment