Thanksgiving DIY {Pinecone Place Cards}

After Halloween passes, I immediately start thinking of Thanksgiving and even have my eye on Christmas!  Okay, I don’t even wait for Halloween to pass before getting excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas!  Can you relate?  Seeing these holiday catalogs in my mailbox makes me giddy!  I’ve already torn out some images for future decor ideas. 

image

The holidays are my most favorite time of the year.   I’m the kind of girl who always feels thankful (for family, for my healthy and happy baby, for close girlfriends, for my health, for being able to be a SAHM, for my home, for a paid-for car, for coffee, for wine, for ice cream, for books, for blogs, for a cozy bed, and on and on), so Thanksgiving is a particularly favorite holiday of mine.  This time of year, I’m especially thankful that some of our family lives nearby (my parents; my two brothers and their wives; my niece; my sis-n-law, her hubby and their two kids) and look forward to getting together for our Thanksgiving day celebration.  Now that there are babies around, holidays seen to be even more fun. 

We usually gather at my parents’ house in the afternoon for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Last year, I used this

image

to make place cards to dress up the holiday table.  There is a card for each member of the family and now I need to make one for James!  I’m sure I found the inspiration for these on a blog somewhere, but now, I have no idea where. 

image image image image 

To make, you’ll need:

  • Computer & printer or just a marker
  • Pinecones
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Cellophane paper
  • Glue gun
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon
  • Hole punch

I used Microsoft Word to create the “I’m thankful for . . .” print on cellophane paper using “Suzie’s Hand” font.  Then, I cut the paper into squares and placed them onto the scrapbook squares, which I cut using a scallop scissor to create nice edges.  I used a hole punch to punch two holes at the top of the card and tied with ribbon. 

image 

A dot of hot glue on the furthest pinecone edge affixes the card to the pinecone.  Easy peasy.

image

Here are some other creative ways to use pinecones as place cards.

image Songbird Creations.  She has a nice tutorial too.

image Better Homes & Gardens

imageMartha Stewart

image Country Living

Have you started thinking about your holiday table too?

**********

I’m sharing this post with these lovely blogs: {M} Between Naps on the Porch * Polly Want a Crafter * Making The World Cuter * Thrifty Decor Chick * Skip To My Lou * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Super Stinky Boys * C.R.A.F.T. {T} Today’s Creative Blog * All Thingz Related * Sugar Bee * New Nostalgia * I’m Topsy Turvy {W} Blue Cricket Design * Me and my Bucket * Someday Crafts * Domestically Speaking * My Backyard Eden {Th} House of Hepworths * Somewhat Simple * The Shabby Chic Cottage * Beyond The Picket Fence * Life as Lori {F} Serenity Now * Infarrantly Creative *Just a Girl * Chic on a Shoestring Decorating * Decor Mamma * Remodelaholic * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Fun to Craft * Miss Mustard Seed * The Shabby Nest * The Inspired Room * A Few of My Favorite Things * My Romantic Home {S} A Vision to Remember * Funky Junk Interiors * A Little Lovely * Tatertots and Jello * Be Different Act Normal {S} I Heart Nap Time * Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment