Our Sparkly Christmas Staircase

Did y’all have a good Thanksgiving?  We sure did.  James had his first bite of turkey and my favorite part of the meal was all the yummy desserts.  How cute are these mousse filled chocolate cups? Store bought by my parents, but cute nonetheless.

Stairs 045

And my first-ever-homemade-pie turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.  And I was terrified to make the crust from scratch, but I used this recipe, and it was delicious!

image

But I do have to admit that I’ve been looking forward to decorating our home for Christmas, which happens the day AFTER Thanksgiving!  I made an exception and started working on the stairs the weekend before Thanksgiving, and I’m glad I did because it took me over the course of three days to complete.   This was one of those projects where I had a hard time determining exactly what I wanted to do as the possibilities are endless.  I committed to the green swag garland early on and found some big, fun oversized bells at Hobby Lobby and Target and went with it, ending up with a pretty traditional, albeit sparkly!, Christmas staircase.

image

Stairs 019

Let’s go upstairs

image

and around the corner

image image

And looking back downstairs

image

Here’s how I did it:

image  image

Here’s what it looked like with just the garland, red bells and bows.

image Christmas stair.01 Thanksgiving table.03 003

Then I added the red wooden ball garland, glue-gunning the stands together to make one looong piece!  I also added a gigantic bow to the top corner of the stairs, since when I had bells there, all you could see from downstairs was inside the bell.

image

And feeling that I’d like to have another dimension and little pop of color, I added some sparkly lime green bows and ornaments (from Wal-Mart).  Love the little bird especially!

 image

 image

Now that the stairs are complete, I’m so excited to put up the tree!!  That’s one of my favorite things.  I’ve got my hot cup of coffee ready to go and Christmas music playing- better get started while James is asleep!  Whatcha up to today?  Shopping, decorating, eating leftover turkey??

0 comments:

Post a Comment