Chocolate Covered Toffee

As if the desserts devoured on Thanksgiving weren’t enough, on Saturday I had an insatiable craving for chocolate-covered toffee.  After realizing how simple it is to make this deliciously buttery chocolately goodness, I started making it at home last year (about once or twice a year).  It’s fun to make because you get to use a candy thermometer (but you don’t have to if you don’t have one) and the scientific process of how these few ingredients meld to make this delicious treat fascinates me.  The only problem is that after I make it, I can’t stop eating it!  In fact, I’m eating it now as I draft this post!  I use a recipe I found on foodnetwork.com.  There is no redeeming nutritious value in this recipe whatsoever, but I love it!

image

image image image

 image image

Oh yeah!  This is definitely my favorite part!

image

And when no one’s looking, why not have a dip?

image

Sometimes I’ll put the tiny bits into the mold cup and sprinkle in a touch more salt.

image

After you’ve nibbled up the excess toffee, it’ll look like this

image

I like to put the toffee into individual paper cups for easy (and pretty) access.  And you certainly don’t have to use a candy mold.  You can simply pour the hot toffee onto a sheet pan lined with wax paper and then pour the melted chocolate on top.  When it’s solid, just break it up into smaller pieces.

Toffee 066

p.s.  At the end, you’ll think you’re saucepan has been ruined forever, but don’t fret, just soak it in some hot soapy water for awhile and it’ll be good as new.

image image

These guys don’t stand a chance!  Yuuuuummmmy!!!!!

image

Have you been indulging in sweet treats lately?

0 comments:

Post a Comment