Style Saturday {A Hair Affair}

If I added up all the time I’ve spent washing, drying, curling, styling, spraying, cutting, coloring, discussing, obsessing, loving, hating, and debating my hair, surely it would add up to  . . . more time than I care to admit.  I’ve had all lengths (mostly long) and all colors (mostly blonde) over the years.   Each style tells a story.

December 2007 (long, blonde).  Just married and oh, so in love!

526

May 2008 (short, blonde).  Ready for a “change” and chopped it to my shoulders.

622

June 2009 (medium, brunette).  Getting tired of appointments with the colorist and decided it would be better to just do a solid brunette to avoid all that maintenance. 

4620_1142864541209_1515349668_369870_6075235_n

May 2010 (pony tail always, blondish).  Bummed to discover that the brunette also required maintenance, and faded so quickly, so  . . . going back to blonde- but in the Houston heat, pony tails work best.

James 1-3 months 158

“Hair” Academy Awards

In my Academy Awards of hair, those shown below would be my winners.  I often wonder if it’s the hair or the gorgeous face that makes the women look so beautiful.  I’m sure it’s a combination of both. 

Best Short- Halle Berry.  This is how I like her best.  She rocks it like nobody’s business. 

Best Long- Olivia Palermo.  Looks shiny and healthy and perfectly sunkissed.

 olivia_palermo_hair_thumb[1]

Best Bald- Natalie Portman.  Are you serious?  She looks fabulous!

Best Super Blonde- Jessica Simpson.  A blonde bombshell.

Best Red- Julianne Moore.  Super sexy.

Best Brunette- Jessica Alba.  She’s done a lot of colors, but rich brown is my favorite on her.

Jessica alba

Best Bang- Reece Witherspoon.  A classic beauty.

Best Waves- Gisele Bundchen

giselle bundchen Top 10 Richest Celebrity Designers

Best Curls- Kim Kardashian

kim-kardashian-portrait.jpg

Best All Around- Jennifer Aniston.  Just looks effortless and gorgeous always.  Beautiful color always.  I don’t know how she gets it so super-straight.  Remember the really early days of Friends- naturally curly??

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Who’s got your favorite hair?

0 comments:

Post a Comment