Fall Inspired Porch

Although it is still literally in the 90’s here weather-wise, I am so ready for fall and all the beautiful fall decor.  Fall just says crisp, cool days, home-baked goodies, and family togetherness to me.  It’s sweaters and boots and wreaths and pumpkins.  It’s the season we prepare for Thanksgiving, a time to be thankful for all of our blessings and focus on what’s important to us.  Including decor:)  This year, we have a new home to adorn with fall attire.  I’d love to come home to a porch like this:

 image

Image via Pottery Barn

What is so beautiful and inviting about this space and can I make it happen at my home please (for less)? 

Wreath:  The full multi-colored leaf wreath is definitely the focal point of the porch.  It looks like it could be crafted in an afternoon while a little baby sleeps.  We have a double door though, so maybe I’ll make two smaller wreaths??

Lanterns:  The lanterns (two hanging and two floor) are also great.  We don’t have any lanterns on our house, but I’ve seen floor lanterns at Home Goods for a decent price.  Fill them up with tall candles and some walnuts and you’re set.

Hay:  Bushels of hay are pretty rustic and add height to the decorative accents.  Not sure where I could find hay??

Pumpkins:  What is fall without pumpkins?  A variety of textures and colors that blend nicely are scattered artfully about.  I can definitely scatter. 

Branches and Leaves:  A few more accessories layer the porch.  Sticks- easy to find in the yard and I have some leaves from Hobby Lobby.

Welcome Mat:  The PB mat is nice because it’s says ‘Welcome’ in big, bold letters.  We have a welcome mat, so that’s done:)

The only thing left to do is decide when to break out the fall decor.  I’m thinking mid-September or perhaps after Labor Day if I’m feeling ambitious. 

What are your plans for fall decor?  When do you start decorating?  Did you already start?  ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment