James’ Nursery

Nursery 018

Nursery 009 Nursery 048

James’ nursery is one of my favorite rooms in the house.  It’s playful and also soothing and has items in it that have special meaning for us.  You can find James cuddled in my arms several times a day as I rock him to sleep in the glider.  I cherish these moments as I know they won’t last forever.  It’s fun to enjoy the room too.  I wanted to do a play on a jungle theme with some stuffed animals and bedding, but keep it from being too “themey.” 

The beadboard is combined with Sherwin Williams’ Blissful Blue paint.  The crib and changing table are by Baby Italia (Pinehurst Collection) and were bought at Babies R Us, along with the glider.

Nursery 020

The framed art is from a book called “I Love You More” and the frames are from Target (11 x14 frame with 8 x 10 mat). 

Nursery 021

Baby bedding and mobile are from Amy Coe Zoology.

Nursery 045Nursery 039

The boarder initial rug is from Restoration Hardware (8x10)

Nursery 019

Lamp, clock, CD player and storage bin (containing toys) are from Target.  I think the stuffed animals are from Babies R Us.  The Bibles are from me, my mom, and my grandma Nola.  The one from my grandma was given to me when I was about 8 years old.  The silver engraved cup is from a fellow attorney that I’m fond of.  The table was made by Jimmy’s dad about 25 years ago. 

Nursery 036

The shadow box is from Michael’s.  It includes the shirt, hat, and socks James came home from the hospital in, as well as his baby foot prints and the date he was born.

Nursery 025

     Nursery 026  Nursery 007

Nursery 008 

This little giraffe was the first thing I bought for baby James.  I got it in Vegas at the MGM gift shop before we were even officially pregnant:)  The round table was purchased at Target.

 Nursery 049   Nursery 037

The tall giraffe (about 5 feet) is from Z Gallerie.   

Nursery 042

James’ baby portrait (taken on the monogrammed diaper bag given to us by Tim & Allison) was taken by Kristi Zontini at Bella Babies in Houston.

Nursery 004 

Here’s the coat rack I made.  See easy tutorial here.

Baby Coat Rack 001  

This cross was a gift from my best friend.  It reads, “For this child, I have prayed” 1 Samuel 1:27

 Nursery 030

I may add curtains in the future and I plan to buy this “You Are My Sunshine” art soon from Etsy Pretty Smitten (it comes in different colors).  That’s the song my mom sang to me as a child every morning when she’d wake me up in the morning.  Continuing the tradition, when I wake up James in the morning, I always say, “Good morning, Sunshine!” and he smiles so big.

etsy prettysmitten- $15.00

So, that’s our little nursery.  Here’s a parting before and after shot.

Pre-Move, spices, closet 011

 Nursery 018

Of course, I couldn’t do a post about James’ nursery without including a picture of the little guy in it!

Nursery 053

 

*Here are the parties I’m linking to!

0 comments:

Post a Comment