Jewelry Storage Solutions

Jewelry boxes are beautiful and are great for storing a few small things, but I’ve yet to find one that has enough room to house most of my jewelry so that I can actually see it at a glance.   In an effort to utilize all the space in my closet (and in former tiny closets too) I’ve turned to the back of the door as a spot for hanging necklaces. 

INSIDE DOOR

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 015

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 008

All you need is a door

Letters, Necklaces 006

and some 3M Command mini hooks.  I used one per necklace but they are strong enough to hold more than one necklace, especially if it is lightweight.

Letters, Necklaces 007 

They are super easy to use (simply peel and stick) and supposed to come off clean without damaging the surface. 

Letters, Necklaces 011

I started by placing the hooks on the back of the door in a line without being too obsessed about the line being straight.  Then I filled in the “holes” with more hooks until all of my necklaces had their own little “home”.

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 011

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 005

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 013  basket, book, James, walls, J bath 007 

This helps me so much when I’m getting dressed and can actually see what I have.  (Not that I’m wearing many necklaces these days with James pulling on everything!)  I do have to be a little careful opening and closing the door (it mostly stays open) because the necklaces will swing out and hit the door if you close it too hard.

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 014 

DRESSER

 basket, book, James, walls, J bath 024

The top drawer of my dresser houses smaller accessories, like rings and bracelets.  They are arranged by color in these compartment dividers from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 023

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 020

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 021 basket, book, James, walls, J bath 022

p.s. the drawers are lined with this wrapping paper from The Container Store.

Letters, Necklaces 026

I like to keep a few favorite pieces on top of my dresser where I can see them.  Putting them in pretty bowls or containers makes it extra special.  The small silver bowls and tray are from West Elm.

basket, book, James, walls, J bath 016  basket, book, James, walls, J bath 018 basket, book, James, walls, J bath 019

Do you like your accessories where you can see them or do you prefer them hidden away?

**********

I’m sharing this post at these fabulous blogs.

A Few of My Favorite Things * All Thingz Related * Blue Cricket Design * C.R.A.F.T. * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Infarrantly Creative * Just A Girl * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Me and My Bucket * Miss Mustard Seed * New Nostalgia * Remodelaholic * Seven Thirty Three * Serenity Now * Super Stinky Boys * Tatertots and Jello * The Inspired Room * The Shabby Chic Cottage * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick * Today’s Creative Blog * Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment