Color Confusion

I’m having such a hard time deciding on a paint color for the back of the media cabinet in the living room.  My husband is color blind and no help at all.  Thank God for blog friends!!  Here’s what I’m working with. 

Table, shower, media 009

image

As you can see, it’s a pretty neutral color palette and I want to inject a little color.  I’m planning to remove some of the brown accessories and replace them with silver and white. These aqua decorative balls from Target are my “color inspiration.”   I will also be adding colored/patterned?? drapes in the future. 

Paint media cabinet 021

Here are the colors I found in the Sherwin William’s color deck that I thought might be nice.  Our walls are painted the tabbed color, so I was using that for comparison.

Paint media cabinet 012 

Then I “happened” to be in Pottery Barn, and they sell large sheets ($5- ouch!) that are samples of Benjamin Moore paint colors.  If you take the purchased sample to Benjamin Moore, you get $5 off a gallon of paint.  I bought the samples of these colors.

Paint media cabinet 017 

And started playing with how they’d look in my media cabinet.  The silver bowl is a new accessory I found at Home Goods.

 Paint media cabinet 004

Paint media cabinet 002

Paint media cabinet 015

So far, I think I like the darker blue on the middle shelf.  Is the dark blue on the upper shelf too dark?  The pale blue is too pale.  Here’s how the Benjamin Moore colors compare to the Sherwin Williams’.

Paint media cabinet 019

I’m still considering these, but it’s so hard to decide. 

Paint media cabinet 022

Any thoughts, suggestions??  *help*!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment