Dishing It

Amanda at Serenity Now is hosting a blog party with the intention of getting to know other bloggers.  She describes it as “having a girlfriend over for coffee and dishing over anything and everything.”  I especially love this idea since I’m new to blogging.  The topics Amanda chose are below:

Best Activity You Participated in this Summer

We moved!  Yay!  Our family moved out of a 1900 square foot 3-story townhouse to a beautiful new home that we built from the ground up.   Take a peek inside our new home here.

Thanksgiving 2009 033  Front House 005

Summer Family Trips

No trips for us this summer, see above:)  We did take our first day road-trip to Bastrop, Texas (about 2 1/2 hours away) for my little brother’s wedding.

 Austin Wedding and House (June 2010) 040

James dressed up for the occasion

Austin Wedding and House (June 2010) 036

Best New Recipe You Tried

We’ve enjoyed some bbq on our new grill!  Love it when hubby cooks:)

Bedroom furniture makeover 003 

Most Exciting Thing You've Done this Summer

For me, becoming a stay-at-home-mom takes the cake.  My son is just 5 months old and I don’t want to miss a thing!  My days now consist of lots of time on the floor with this little guy.  He’s currently on the roll:)

Front House 004 Front House 006

Front House 007 Front House 010


Coolest Crafty/Home Decor Thing you Made/Tried

I’m pretty excited about my rainbow” bookcase.  I’m probably going to rework it a bit soon.  I think the “yellows” that are up by the “purples” need to come down to the “orange/yellows” and the “blues” need to move up:)

Books 015

Best Book or Magazine Issue

Oh how I love to read! I recently subscribed to House Beautiful, and I really enjoy their content (informative) and photos (gorg).   I also read the “Baby Whisperer” books.  They have helped me so much.

colorful dining room

 

 

 

 

 

 

*via House Beautiful

Coolest New (to you) Blog You've Found

Oooh, this one’s hard!  Can’t pick just one, so here are my “new” top 10 11!:

Adventures in Mommyhood

Decor Chick

Design Darling

Just a Girl

Live Creating Yourself

Modern Jane

Not Just Paper and Glue

New Nostalgia

Stilettos and Diaper Bags

Super Stinky Boys

Three Dogs at Home

Favorite Bargain

These little birdies at Hobby Lobby.  So cute!  And this lacquer box on sale at West Elm.

Living Room July 2010 007 dresser, ring 003

 Best Post of the Summer

I’d have to say the post I did about white kitchens is up there.  I love, love, love the images and they were the inspiration for my current kitchen.

Still on Summer To-Do List

So many!  But #1 is to try a “wallpaper” stencil like this:

cg trellis wall 2

*via Centsational Girl

0 comments:

Post a Comment