Where I Blog {Office Makeover}

Most nights you can find me here, in my home office, working on my part-time lawyer stuff, browsing design blogs and websites, or blogging to my heart’s content.  It’s also where I do crafty stuff like play with my Silhouette, dream up decor plans for our home, and email with friends.  All from this pretty little (well, actually not so little) desk.  It’s the Jett Desk from Z Gallerie.  It’s one of the first things I ordered for the new house, because I liked it so much!

image


The chair is from Crate & Barrel.  Amazon has one similar too.




image


Let’s back up so you can see the whole room!

image

One organizing challenge the space posed was how to store all my magazines, paper, books, fabrics and such.  Ikea Expedit to the rescue.  It’s a really sleek, efficient, and affordable option at $129 for the 6’ x 6’ size.  Having all your goods out in the open can be visually overwhelming, so I tried to keep the contents streamlined.   I’m sure I’ll be playing around with organizing this in the future.

The unicorn on top is a sentimental gift from my baby brother, Austin, when we were kids.  He was about 5 years old and used his allowance to buy it at a neighborhood garage sale!  That unicorn has moved with me a million times- the horn is chipped, but I still love it because it reminds me of the sweet sentiment.

image

To the right of the entry door is the Made by Girl ‘Blogs & Coffee’ print that I love to look at from my desk.  Wrapping paper is at easy access in two Container Store bins.

image

I created this silhouette of my son with the Silhouette machine, but I couldn’t quite figure it out (those point edits) so I had to free-hand it.  If you know how to do this, please let me know!

image

image

image


The two black pieces are leftovers from our former townhouse.  I don’t know if I would originally have added black to the room, but it works okay for now.   The garden stool was a Z Gallerie splurge.  One of those things where, after admiring it for months and it never going on sale, I finally caved.  The lamps are from Target. 

image

The “media” chest is from Crate & Barrel and currently holds wrapping supplies like ribbon and bows, and envelopes and labels.

image

I love to have some of my favorite inspirational books close at hand.  I created the inspiration board with a cork board, spray paint, fabric, and thumb tacks.  The acrylic tray is from CB2.  The small clock is from Pottery Barn and the decorative box was found at the Restoration Hardware Outlet.

image

image

I guess I’m sentimental about gifts.  Above: The little fish is from my Grandma.  The owl is also in her honor, since she loves how they represent wisdom (mine is from West Elm).  That’s a Tory Burch paperweight that I used a $50 gift card on. 

This mirror was a recent Home Goods steal at $39.  Kinda reminded me of the expensive ones I’ve seen sold elsewhere.

image

I painted a medallion stencil on the ceiling around the Overstock chandelier but I’m not sure it will stay.  I’ve been considering painting the ceiling a solid color.  Thoughts??  Also, the quality of the chandelier isn’t the greatest in case you were eyeing it.

image

And my rug- that I LOOOOVE!  It’s from Overstock and so super comfy on my feet, like a pillow cloud.  I had considered other graphic patterns but didn’t like how they felt.  

image

I made the curtains and then found a great sturdy and sleek curtain rod at West Elm.

image

image

image

Here’s how the room looked when we moved in:

image

Here’s my Inspiration Board:

image

And here is the Result:

image


I’d love to add a little upholstered chair and ottoman at some point . . .  Are we ever really DONE with our rooms??  :)   I tried to cover all the bases, but if I left something out or you have a question, let me know! 


Have a great weekend!


I’m sharing this post with Sarah {Thrifty Decor Chick}

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment