Organized KITCHEN CABINET & DRAWERS {Chic Coastal Living}

I’m so thankful that Desiree of Chic Coastal Living wanted to participate in our Getting Organized series!  Even with a busy weekend at her place, she managed to clean out and organize her kitchen cabinets and drawers with beautiful results!  And congrats to her on her recent 100th blog post!  If you haven’t met Desiree, don’t hate her cause she’s beautiful!  Ha!  She is a sweetheart with a relaxed “coastal” design style that I think you’ll find very charming.

image

I'm so excited to be here doing a guest post for Megan's, Honey We're Home, blog! Don't we just love her! We'll I was thinking about what I can do to contribute to her, Getting Organized 2011 Series.  Where should I start?  There's so much in my home that I need to get straightened out!  I decided to share with you a cabinet that I keep my the food storage containers in and a set of small drawers in my kitchen.

My husband, God bless his heart, is an unbelievably organized person.  He has never been off one penny in the checkbook his whole life....but, when it comes to the food storage containers that's a different story! He laughed when he saw me taking everything out of the cabinet and taking pictures!

Here are the photos before:

The first thing I did was wipe down all the shelves and shelf liners with a damp cloth.  I purchased these liners over 5 years ago. They are the Martha Stewart plastic shelf liners and what I love about them is, they haven't discolored and still look brand new! These liners have kept my shelves clean and stratch free. All I did was cut them to size and lay them in.  (They are not the sticky kind, in case you were wondering)

This is how my hubby puts the Rubbermaid containers away. :(

This is what the cabinet looks like when I put them away. :)

I still have plenty of room to store other kitchen items on the top shelf. 

I put all the miss-matched containers into bags and will donate them to Goodwill.

Looking good!

Now, off I go to tackle the small set of drawers that I had to have in my kitchen. I keep all kinds of little knick-knacks and textiles in them.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before: In this drawer I keep all the birthday banners, decorations and extra napkins from parties that we have had.  You never know when they will come in handy.  Every time it is someone's birthday in my home, I whip out the decorations! I've saved so much money reusing them. Check out the pictures at the end of this post!

After:  I store each birthday banner or set of decorations in their own zip-lock bag.  I like to keep the decorations in this small drawer so that I can get to them in a snap.

All of these baseball decorations came out of one small drawer!

And, there you have it......a little organization from me to you. 

Desiree

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment