Mirror Steal and Your Opinion

If you are following my tweets, @honeywerehome you know that I scored two awesome mirrors over the weekend at Hobby Lobby.

I had my heart set on the Celeste Mirror at Williams Sonoma Home, but at $250 (on SALE) I was hoping to find another less expensive option. 

image

I searched all over the web and found a nearly identical version at QVC for $80, but sadly, it was sold out.

image

Imagine my surprise when I walked into Hobby Lobby this weekend and spotted this for $65 (50% of $130):

 image

It has two rings as opposed to three and a larger mirror, but because the Hob Lob version is smaller in diameter (32 as opposed to 38 inches) I was able to buy two to flank our living room media cabinet.

image

Here’s the progression.  We started with our white built in and a pair of tall woven vases from Z Gallerie.

image

I added sticks to the vases and painted the back of the media cabinet Jamestown Blue by Sherwin Williams.  The blue didn’t photograph very well in this picture.  Of course, I’m always fiddling with accessorizing the shelves.

Media Cabinet Redo 001

And now with the new mirrors.  Initially, I loved it, but now (after photographing it) I’m not sure I’m loving them in this location- might look too cluttered behind the sticks?   I’m going to live with it for a while and consider other appropriate places for them too.

image

Later, I tried removing the vases, but I don’t think that works. 

image 

What would you do:

1) Keep the mirrors and vases as is?

2) Keep the mirrors, remove the vases?

3) Move the mirrors to another location?

Something else altogether?? 

Thanks for your input!

0 comments:

Post a Comment