Organized MAGAZINE INSPIRATION FILES {Name 5 Things}

I’m thrilled to introduce you to my friend Emily, author of Name 5 Things, who I’ve recently discovered is kinda like my twin in many respects:)  We actually live about 10 miles apart, are both lawyers, have babies (although hers are the furry kind!) and I’ve spotted many things around her home that I also have in mine!  If you haven’t been to her blog, I encourage you to check it out- I’m certain you will love what you see!  

image

**********

I was flattered when Megan asked me to participate in her organizing series to start off the new year!  Megan is creative and truly inspiring, has such a beautiful family and home, and is one of the sweetest bloggers around.  So I was thrilled when she asked me to share a post about organization.

I love magazines and subscribe to a number of them, but they can take up a lot of space.  So rather than keeping all of them around, I like to pull out the inspiring rooms and ideas, and keep just those pages in binders instead.

image1

I use sheet protectors (like these) to store the pictures.  That way I don't have to hole punch anything.  It's also super easy to change the order of the pages or to add more protectors when things start to fill up.

image2

image3

And to keep things in somewhat of an order, I have them organized within the binders by rooms.  One binder has living rooms, kitchens, and dining rooms.  And the other has bedrooms, bathrooms, offices, and miscellaneous (aka: bed bath and beyond).  The miscellaneous tab is where I put articles about various topics like arranging gallery walls, collecting antique bottles, party tips, cleaning stone countertops, etc.

image4

It is so nice flipping through all of the images and seeing all of the inspiring spaces (and not having the ads get in the way)!

image5

However, I do like to display a reasonable number of magazines out on our bookshelves.  (And I just can't bring myself to tear up my old Domino mags.) 

image6

I also leave some around on our ottoman for reading while curled up on the couch and for guests to flip through.

image7

With all of the new online magazines like Rue, Lonny, and the upcoming High Gloss, you can still get all of your eye candy without having to worry about the storage problem.  But keeping my electronic inspiration pictures organized is a topic for another post! 

Thanks for having me, Megan!

**********

After reading Emily’s post, I went straight to Target to get some of those binders, but they didn’t have any more in the pattern I wanted!  Such a great idea- my inspiration pages are in a giant heap!  P.S.  Did you spy that gorgeous wallpapered bookshelf in the background of the picture with the Domino magazines?!

Thanks everyone who is reading along with our organizing series, I hope you are getting inspired to clear away the clutter so that you have more time for LIVING!!

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment