Organized PANTRY {HWH}

You wouldn’t even know how much I love organizing by looking at the state of my pantry for the last six months.  And the worst part is, we have a huge pantry, so there is no excuse for not having it organized!  A couple weekends ago, I spent an afternoon clearing the pantry clutter, rearranging the goods, and making it more efficient for daily use.  Can we start with the nicer “after” pictures first?

Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 022

Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 004

image

image

That feels so much better than what we had before!  When we moved in and unpacked six months ago, we sorta grouped things together, but then just left it like that while other rooms were focused on.  Have you done that too?  It kinda just gets away from you, and the next thing you know, Clutterville!  WARNING:  This next group of pictures is not pretty!

BEFORE

Kitchen Organization 015 Kitchen Organization 016

Kitchen Organization 017 Kitchen Organization 014  

I started by taking out all the stuff at the bottom, so I could figure out what belonged.  It always gets worse before it gets better, right?! 

Kitchen Organization 028 Kitchen Organization 027

Needless to say, there were about three bags worth of trash in there, but look what else I found?!  I guess my husband was right! Ha!

image 

I sorted, rearragned, gathered the recycling, and threw out the trash.  I moved all the small appliances to the bottom right shelf and moved James’ food to the bottom center shelf so that I could see it immediately when I walk in.  I also put my stash of cookbooks on the top center shelf since I like to see them.  The cleaning supplies went into a metal bin on the floor. 

BEFORE

Kitchen Organization 021

Kitchen Organization 020

AFTER

image

image

image

image

BEFORE

Kitchen Organization 019

Kitchen Organization 018

AFTER

image

image

image

The blue woven baskets were a World Market Find.  I had to make a trip after seeing the goods found over at A Thoughtful Place.  I haven’t labeled anything yet- just hadn’t decided what type of labels I want to use yet.

BEFORE

image

AFTER

image

image

BEFORE

Kitchen Organization 023     

AFTER

image

This is where a second refrigerator will eventually go, but for now, I was able to whittle the seasonal decor bins from four to three and added a $20 Home Goods mirror.  The plastic bags were recycled.

And see the little good luck Chinese cat near the cookbooks?  A long ago gift from my Grandma!

Amy, Trisa, pantry.2 016

The rug was an Ikea find for just $4.00! 

image

Isn’t it interesting to see what kind of food people eat when you peek at what’s in their pantries?   

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment