The Blissdom Chronicles

Blissdom is a blog conference open to several blog niches (mom, home, fitness, green, frugal, fashion, etc) whose goal is to celebrate blog authors, their work, and community.  They host several breakout sessions: 1) writing track, 2) professional track, and 3) brand partnership track.  My goal was really simply to meet and hang out in-person with the women that I have met and admired through their blogs.  

My friend Emily (Decor Chick) traveled with me and we roomed together.  I’ve known Emily for a long time now, but you really get to know someone when you “live” with them for a couple of days!  After traveling and staying with Emily, I can honestly say, I’d room with her any day!   She was a breeze, even when I kept getting us lost! :)

We got there (Nashville) on Wednesday night, dropped our luggage off in the room and headed out to dinner in the hotel with these lovely ladies.

image

Brooke (aspiring blog author), Earnest Parenting, Decor Chick, Sand and Sisal, Honey We’re Home

After dinner, while walking back to our room, we ran into:

image

Decor Chick, Honey We’re Home, Sand and Sisal, Southern Hospitality, Centsational Girl, 320 Sycamore and her sister, Kristin, Brooke (aspiring blog author), Earnest Parenting

We only got to chat for a few minutes, but I’m thankful for even that opportunity.  It’s hard not to be a little “starstruck” when you meet these veteran bloggers whom you’ve admired for so long.  I’m pretty sure I rambled on and on, but they were gracious nonetheless.

The next morning (oh yes I did workout!) and then we attended the conference, which kicked off with an AWESOME keynote speech by Brene Brown.  She gave me so much to think about that it’s too much for this post, but I’ll just show you one of the things she touched on:

image

Then I started seeing some familiar faces . . .

Blissdom 008

Miss Mustard Seed, Infarrantly Creative

Blissdom 002 

Be Different Act Normal, House of Hepworths, This Blessed Nest, My Blessed Life

 Blissdom 005 

Frugal with a Flourish, Creative Kristi, Sand and Sisal

Blissdom 007

Love Feast Table, High Heels and a Hammer, Honey We’re Home

Blissdom 001  

My Cottage Love (Launching Summer 2011), Pretty Handy Girl, Decor Chick

Blissdom 004

Dr. BabyMamaDrama (love that name!), House of Hepworths, Imparting Grace, Two Story Cottage, High Heels and a Hammer, Honey We’re Home, My Cottage Love, Frugal with a Flourish, Pretty Handy Girl, (oops, I didn’t get your card! Please fill me in!), Miss Mustard Seed, Decor Chick

Blissdom 005 

Decor Chick, Infarrantly Creative, Tatertots and Jello, Pretty Handy Girl, The Pennington Point

Thursday Night we were lucky enough to see cutie pie Mat Kearney perform (we missed Michelle Branch).  He sounded so good and was funny too.

Blissdom 010

The ladies got all gussied up!  Well, Decor Chick and I didn’t (we’re wearing the same thing from earlier in the day! At least she added a cute scarf!)

Blissdom 007

Love Feast Table, High Heels and a Hammer, The Cottage Chick, Sand and Sisal, Decor Chick

Blissdom 008 Blissdom 009

Decor Chick, Honey We’re Home            Pretty Handy Girl, Two Story Cottage

Blissdom 006

Sand and Sisal’s awesome heels! :)  (had to get a shot!)

After the mini concert, we went to the Incourage party, which was one of my favorite parts of the trip.  I didn’t get a picture of her, but I so enjoyed getting to talk to Jen {Balancing Beauty and Bedlam}.  She was so personable, genuine and just fun to be around!  Near the end of the party we were all sitting because our feet hurt and she just plopped down on the floor and chatted with our group for a long time. 

I also bumped into Sarah {Thrifty Decor Chick} and Beth {The Stories of A to Z}.  They were equally as nice, but I really didn’t get to talk to them for very long.  It was REALLY crowded at that point and we were all kinda mushed together.  I managed to say a few words to Sarah about how much I love her blog and compliment her on how down-to-earth and sincere she is and she gave me a big hug!  So sweet! 

   Blissdom 013

Decor Chick, Be Different Act Normal, Honey We’re Home

Blissdom 016

Decor Chick, Tatertots and Jello, Postively Splendid, Frugal with a Flourish

I didn’t get pictures with everyone, but had a lot of good chats with:

Pizzazzerie (She was a Blissdom volunteer and so super cute!  Also, a whiz at Twitter.)

The Borrowed Abode (Jane blogs about rental decor and is really an open and honest type of person.  I talked her ear off because she is such a good listener!)

Pink and Polkadot encouraged me that I could make my own slipcover;)

Emily and I headed home on Friday morning after breakfast with Sawdust and Paper Scraps, Pretty Handy Girl, Two Story Cottage, and House of Hepworths

*I didn’t get any pics of the gorgeous Opryland hotel, but Beth {The Stories of A to Z} did, and her post also has lots of pics of bloggers I’m sure you’ll recognize:)

It was so good to get home and see this face

image

**********

I’m new to Twitter, but if you want to follow me, I’m @honeywerehome

0 comments:

Post a Comment