Mudroom Makeover {Part 2}

Do you have one area of your house that is constantly changing or that you always want to change?  One of those areas in our house is the mudroom.  It’s a great area just off the garage that is perfect for setting my purse, keys, and whatever else comes into the house with me. 

Mudroom 005

Initially I painted some stripes and inserted decorative storage baskets {Target $9.99} into the cubbies:

Mudroom 014

Then I made a no-sew bench seat, pillows, and added a mirror {Hobby Lobby- $25 on sale} 

bench pillows 011

Even though the result was better than the “Before” I wasn’t thrilled with my fabric choice.  Truth be told, I immediately wanted to change it, but that didn’t happen until last weekend. 

With endless fabric options, it’s so hard to narrow it down!  Luckily, switching it up is easy!!  I simply recovered the bench with the new fabric.  This time I went with Dwell Studio Bella Porte Brindle.   I haven’t made any coordinating pillows yet, but I like the change.

image

image

Dwell Studio’s fabric line is so graphic, modern, and fun. This particular pattern comes in other colors too- the navy is my favorite. 

Check out some of their pillows

DOTTED TRELLIS AZURE PILLOW  DIAMOND IKAT AZURE PILLOW

DIAMOND IKAT CITRINE PILLOW PEACOCK AZURE PILLOW

PEACOCK CITRINE PILLOW GATE AZURE PILLOW

GATE CITRINE PILLOW Chinoiserie Long Throw Pillow

Now I want to cover my big, brown leather ottoman in some fun fabric but I can’t figure out how to dismantle it!  I may have to sell it and buy another inexpensive one that I can recover. Just need to find the perfect size.

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment