Mirrors, Vases, and Sticks OH MY!

Can I just say you guys ROCK?!  I posted about my mirror steal and dilemma regarding their placement and was so happy that you took the time to leave your responses and suggestions.

I think I found a nice solution:

image

I asked, “What would you do?”:

The answers, ranked in terms of popular vote (and a tie between 1st and 2nd) were:

1) Mirrors + Vases + Sticks.  With approximately 26 votes, those commenters liked the layered look, but a few suggested moving the mirrors up a little, or shortening the sticks. 

image

2) Mirrors + Vases – Sticks.  Around 26 people wanted to see what it would look like if I kept the mirrors and vases, but removed the sticks.  I brought back one vase for this experiment but I think you get the idea.  p.s. this is what our living room floor looks like on a typical day:) 

image

3) Sticks + Vases - Mirror?  About 22 people were in favor of this, believing that adding the mirrors made the space look too busy. 

Media Cabinet Redo 001

4)  Mirrors – Vases – Sticks + a chair/bench/ottoman/plant.  About 21 of you recommended this.  I don’t currently have anything that would fit the bill in this category permanently, but to get somewhat of a visual, I played around with what I had in the house (a plant and dining room chair).

image

I think the plant is too large (especially in person) perhaps a smaller one would work better, but I like the look of a chair in the right corner, maybe with a small round side table or ottoman.  Also, soon there will be drapes on the left side, so that will help anchor the room.

5)  Mirrors - Vases -  Sticks.  About 12 people liked this option.  The thinking was it looked more clean and simple this way and the round mirrors complimented the straight lines in the room.

image

So, I think for now, I’m going with Mirrors + Chair – Vases – Sticks! :)

image

I really appreciate your feedback!  And it’s nice to show you what our normal toy-filled living room looks like during the day.  I’ve been getting some emails asking how I deal with the kids’ toys, so I plan to show you my solutions soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment