be mine

We don’t take Valentine’s day too seriously around here, but it’s still nice to do a little something sweet to celebrate the day.  At least, I think so;)

image

image via YourHomebasedMom

On our first V-day together, Jimmy and I exchanged books and I still think books make a great gift (for a relatively small investment too).  It forces you to really think about what the recipient would enjoy receiving.  This year, Jimmy’s getting a hard cover book about his favorite college football team.  

Over the weekend, I also had some fun playing around with my Silhouette machine making homemade cards.

image

image

Before I had a Silhouette, I always wondered how people used it, but it’s pretty easy.  I downloaded these images for $1 each:

image

Which look like this on your screen just before you make the cuts.

image

image

I had to cut the images three times, on different colored paper, to achieve this:

image

After using spray adhesive to assemble the images, they looked like this:

 image  image

It’s so fun making these cards, I can’t wait to make more:)

and to my sweet baby James . . .

image

Heart valentine

**********

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment