Fabric Canvas Wall Art

While perusing fabric for my living room drapes, I fell in love with this beauty. 

Fabric Art 042

I love the lime greens, the whimsy of the birds and how the gray keeps it from looking too feminine even though it’s a floral print.  In an effort to showcase this fabric somewhere in my home, I decided to incorporate it into our dining room design by turning it into a piece of art. 

image

Ultimately, I think I will add two square mirrors to either side of the art as well as neutral drapes so that I can change out the art and runner as the mood strikes.

image

To make mine, I used:

  • Fabric
  • Canvas
  • Iron
  • Spray Adhesive (optional)
  • Staple gun
  • Teeth and nails (for hanging)

I started by ironing my fabric to remove any wrinkles.

Fabric Art 001

  I used a 50 x 40 inch canvas because I wanted a large piece.

Fabric Art 002

I figured out where I wanted the fabric to lay, then sprayed a light coat of spray adhesive to the canvas and covered it with my fabric.

Fabric Art 003

Then I began stapling the fabric to the wooden frame.

Fabric Art 008 Fabric Art 005 

After all sides were stapled, we added teeth to the back for purposes of hanging.

Fabric Art 015  

And then hung her up!

Fabric Art 037

I also made a coordinating runner with stitch witchery for the table. 

Fabric Art 040 Fabric Art 032

It’s feeling so springy in here right now!  Can’t wait to add the mirrors, drapes, rug, sideboard . . . ha!   Always a work in progress!

image

But looking so much better than what we started with!

image

0 comments:

Post a Comment