Dining Room Design {A Well Dressed Home}

Do you ever get in a decorating “rut”, where you feel stuck regarding what to do in a particular part of your house?  We’ve only been in our house since July 2010 and although it’s coming together nicely, there are still some rooms that need some love and attention.  Case in point- our dining room. 

image

The room has nice mouldings, a pretty table and chairs, but is devoid of any “life”.  Which is why we probably hardly ever eat in there.  We certainly need drapes, a rug, perhaps a buffet and some artwork or mirrors.  (I’m not crazy about the light fixture, but I’m not sure I’m ready to replace it just yet.) 

After pouring over websites, magazines and blogs in search of inspiration for design ideas, I felt like I needed a fresh perspective.  Do you ever feel like you’ve looked at your own room too long and it’s sucked the inspiration right out of you??  I turned to my friend, interior designer and blog author, Emily Hewitt {A Well Dressed Home} for some guidance.

Here are a few more shots of the room and its measurements.

image

Santa 011

After providing the photos and measurements to Emily, here is what she came up with for me.

image

My Dining Room BEFORE

image

and AFTER

image

I love that Emily was able to use my actual room in her photo, helping me to really visualize the new space.  Adding the buffet, lamps and mirrors make a huge difference in the overall look of the room.  And the light fixture doesn’t bother me as much with the other accessories filling the space, although Emily did send me lots of other viable chandelier options too.   I haven’t incorporated any of the changes yet, as the living room currently has my attention.  So, what do you think?

If you are interested in Emily’s services, you can email her at: Emily@AWellDressedHome.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment