FAQ

I love getting email from you!  I sincerely appreciate the kind words and encouragement.  I know it takes time to care enough to leave a comment or send an email, and I thank you for that.  Lately I’ve noticed that some of the same questions keep popping up, so I thought it might be high time to add a little FAQ page to the blog. 

What is the name of the chandelier in your closet?  Where can I get one? 

image

Answer:  This has been the number one most asked question about our home!  And to think my husband thought I was ridiculous for wanting a chandelier in my closet!  The chandelier is called Lucia chandelier.  I got mine at Lighting, Inc. but have seen it online here

What are your floors made of?  Do you like them? What are the pros/cons?

ANSWER:  This is the second most frequently asked question!  Our floors are by Morning Star and are bamboo.  The bamboo is very hard and actually took my feet awhile to get used to!

They are gorgeous, however, I now think they are too “solid” because they show every scuff mark and get dirty easily.  A floor with more variation in color would have been a smarter choice to hide the dirt better. 

This post shows the floors being installed.

What is the name of the pendant lights in your kitchen?  Where can I get them?

image

ANSWER:  We got our pendant lights at Lighting, Inc., but I don’t know the name of them.  They are very similar to these at Lighting, Inc. and these at Restoration Hardware.

To read more about our kitchen, go here.

What color are your kitchen cabinets painted?

ANSWER:  Devine White by Sherwin Williams- flat paint.  All the cabinetry in our home is painted this same color.

 What paint colors did you use in your home?

image

image

ANSWER:  All of the walls in our home are painted with Sherwin Williams paint.

First floor including the formal dining room, living room, breakfast area, kitchen, staircase, upstairs hallway, and guest room:  Agreeable Gray

The blue in the media cabinet is Jamestown Blue.

Jimmy’s office- Accessible Beige.

Master bedroom, sitting room, and bathroom- A New Gray.

Nursery- Blissful Blue.

My Office- Friendly Yellow

You can read this post for more information.

Where did you get your couch/dining table & chairs?

Our living room sectional (4 Piece Sectional Wedge by Pottery Barn in Light Wheat)  is the first thing I bought for the new house.  It’s micro suede, which has held up beautifully.  The chaise end of the most desired seat in the house!

image

Our dining room table and chairs are from Restoration Hardware.  Sadly, we hardly ever use them!

image 

image

Where did you get your media cabinet?

image

The media cabinet is a “built-in” unit that was built on site to fit the specifications of the room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment