The Road to Schlumpadinkaville*??

I think this must be how it starts.  One day, you’re getting ready in the morning, carefully applying makeup, styling your hair (drying and curling), putting on high heels and cute work clothes, accessorizing, and adding a coordinating purse. . . then you become a stay at home mom. 

It starts innocently enough.  “I’m home, so I should be comfortable” (a barrage of tanks and capris ensue, quickly becoming the “uniform”), “my baby pulls my hair” (so I just keep it up, don’t even dry it anymore after showering- at least there is still showering:), “why fuss with makeup” (a quick coat of mascara is fine), and “no one’s noticing my jewelry and/or the baby just tries to eat it” (so sometimes I don’t even wear my engagement ring). Gasp!

Every day begins to look like this:

Media Cabinet Makeover 009

uniform + wet hair + clip - wedding ring

Maybe the “uniform” wouldn’t be so bad, but it’s literally the SAME PAIR of capris almost everyday (is super comfy a defense?).

But ladies, be honest, am I on the road to Schlumpadinkaville?  Is it the beginning of one of those times when, before you know it, you don’t even recognize your cute former self?  Then, in a desperate attempt to try to get you help, your family nominates you for one of those makeover shows where everyone is gasping at how you let yourself go? 

Do you SAHMs “get ready” each morning?  If so, how much time and effort do you give it?  I think getting a bit more prettied up each day could do me some good; I even made a hair appointment for this week.  I’m fascinated by this topic right now.  Would love to hear your thoughts. 

*Schlumpadinka.  n. Urban dictionary definition:  lazy people with self esteem/value/respect issues, who have given up on themselves, fashion and style that live in oversized t-shirts, sweatpants, black leggings, or think pajama pants are appropriate "going out" attire. Most recently brought to our attention on Oprah, the schlumpadinka is, in most urban centers, an epidemic.

**Enter to win $50 to Target here

0 comments:

Post a Comment