Office Inspiration Board

While I was out and about searching for fabric for our mudroom, I found the perfect “I-love-you-you-definitely-belong-in-my-home” fabric to make curtains for my office.  So happy!  The fabric is Waverly Bedazzle Silver Lining.  I had to special order it, so it should be here in about two weeks.  Now I’m inspired to get my office in some semblance of working order and start actually using it! 

Here’s the room just before we moved in:

Pre-Move, spices, closet 017

And here is my inspiration board:

image

Inspiration Sources

David Jimenez:  The original inspiration for my office is the oh-so-talented David Jimenez’ Palm Springs Regency interior.  Love the wallpaper he used but doubt that I will add that now.  The chrome, white, and pops of yellow just sing playful, fun and creative to me.  I love being able to incorporate a more modern look into my office since the rest of our home is pretty traditional and neutral. 

Walls:  The walls are already painted a nice, light creamy yellow.  I need to go back and look up the name of the paint, but it’s by Sherwin Williams.

Desk:  My Jett Desk from Z Gallerie arrived last week.  I love it!  It’s sleek and has a really big surface area for all of my projects.

Chair:  I assembled my leather and chrome chair by Crate & Barrel a few weeks ago.

Rug:  The trellis rug pictured is from West Elm, but I need to see if they still carry it. 

Garden Stool:  The one pictured is from Z Gallerie, but I’m hoping to find a less expensive one.

Chandelier:  I’d love to replace the brown fan with a pretty glass or chrome chandelier, but I may just paint the fan grey or white to save money.

Wall Art:  I was so excited to receive my “I Love You Blogs and Coffee” poster from Made By Girl.  The paper weight is heavier than I expected.  I still need to frame and hang it.

Card holder:  I love, love, love stationery and cards.  I’d like to get a card holder to display and organize my greeting cards.

Fabric:  Waverly Bedazzle Silver Lining on sale at Joann’s.  *swoon* I plan to make curtains with this fabric.  I’ve seen some good tutorials on the blogs.  Hopefully, my gorgeous fabric is not ruined by my efforts!

**********

I’m sharing this post with Amy at New Nostalgia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment