Framed Monogram Tutorial

After painting our media center, I needed to rearrange and accessorize the shelves.  I put an 8x10 frame on one of the shelves, but didn’t have that perfect photo for the frame.  Lauren at Simply LKJ suggested I use scrapbook paper to create a monogram for the frame.  Great idea Lauren!  Here’s my framed monogram and how I did it.

Monogram 015

Here’s the 8x10 frame I was working with.  The people in the photo look nice and seem to be having fun, but I don’t know them! 

Monogram 004

I found a trellis patterned scrapbook paper to use as the background. 

 Monogram 002 Monogram 003 

I simply fit the paper to the frame and cut. 

Monogram 005 Monogram 006  

Then I played around with the fonts on my computer until I found one I thought would look good in a monogram.  I used Footlight MT Light in 600 point font for the “A” and 200 point font for the “M” and “J”, then cut them onto colored paper. 

Monogram 009

To give the letters a layered background I added a blue and white patterned strip of paper and a yellow strip.  After determining where the letters would go, I affixed them with scrapbook tape.

 Monogram 010 Monogram 011

Trim the ends and then place into the frame.

Monogram 012    Monogram 016 

And here it is in my media cabinet. 

Cabinet Redo 010

These would be especially nice with fabric and ribbon in lieu of scrapbook paper, but I didn’t have any- just used what was on hand.  So, this project was free for me (minus the cost of the new frame that I got at Home Goods for about $8.00). 

*Note, I painted the wall behind the television also and updated the Media Cabinet Makeover post here, showing how I did it, and explaining how to get clean, crisp paint lines.

 Media Cabinet Redo 001

**********

I’m sharing this post at these fantastic blogs:

320 Sycamore * A Few of My Favorite Things * All Thingz Related * A Little Lovely * Blue Cricket Design * C.R.A.F.T. * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Infarrantly Creative * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Me and My Bucket * Miss Mustard Seed * New Nostalgia * Remodelaholic * Seven Thirty Three * Serenity Now * Super Stinky Boys * Tatertots and Jello * The Inspired Room * The Shabby Chic Cottage * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick * Today’s Creative Blog * Under the Table and Dreaming

0 comments:

Post a Comment