Spring Cleaning & Organizing {Kitchen Drawers}

Of all the rooms in our house, the kitchen is the one I probably spend the most time keeping tidy and organized.  It's the most-used room in the house and gets the dirtiest the fastest.  I love when it looks like the picture below, but of course, that's not most of the time.





Today, I'm sharing a peek inside our kitchen drawers, 3 of which are dedicated solely to James' evolving feeding needs.  We are blessed to have a lot of kitchen storage, so I'm able to organize things how I like.   But, even with an abundance of storage, I don't have a lot of "extras" in that we try to have just enough of what we need.  That's the first rule of organizing, Edit! and don't have too much stuff! :)





The drawers in the L of our counter hold the things I need quickest access to, like James' bibs and washcloths, his utensils, and silverware.









Then the two far right drawers hold paper things like my grocery list, pens, envelops, stamps, calculator, and the tape measure I'm always reaching for.  It's also where I keep my camera charger, photo adapter and fan remote since I like to have those things in easy reach.






The drawers by our sink/stove hold the larger cooking utensils, extra knives, and since the drawers are nice and deep, they also contain James' cups.  The bottom drawer is James' drawer that has things he can play with.








Kitchen Organization 006






We also have a drawer for all the baking tools:)




And finally, the top drawer of the island is for plastic baggies, foil, and my measuring cups and spoons, since I prepare our meals on the island.  The middle drawer holds all our tupperware.  I bought two sets of Rubbermaid tupperware and now I don't have any mismatched pieces.  Love that!





You can order it here.


If you're having trouble keeping your drawers organized, I think it feels good to at least have a clean kitchen sink.  I aim for that each night, since it feels so much better to wake up to:) 






For more Spring cleaning & organizing, go here and here!  










0 comments:

Post a Comment