Inexpensive Botanical Wall Art

Isn't it so nice to have a long weekend?  The extra time with my hubby and baby around all together at home was so nice.  And James has started becoming such a ham (loves to laugh and make you laugh too) that it's great to be able to share these moments with Jimmy, instead of just soaking them in by myself when I'm alone with James.  It's that glance we give each other like, "How could this baby be so impossibly cute?" and happy!





Aside from marveling at that cuteness, I did manage to complete a project that I'd been wanting to do for a while- add some art to our pitifully empty bedroom walls!  




I love botanical prints and decided to do a grouping of 4 on the wall adjacent to our bed.  I found a book of botanical art (The Botanical Palette) for $22 (after my discount card and coupon) at Barnes & Noble and bought 4 frames (16x20 with 8x10 mat) from Aaron Brothers (again with a coupon- never shop there without one!)  They even scanned the coupon from my phone:)





To save even more money, you can print botanical art at home from your computer like my friend Courtney {A Thoughtful Place} did.  I wasn't as patient with the website she used and I think my printer is out of colored ink!  Also, she found great frames at WalMart.  Gotta love that!



For our botanicals, I kept the color palette in the purple family, but there were so many gorgeous photographs to choose from in the book.





I liked them so much, I added two smaller versions to our master bathroom!





Now we have a nice reflection from Jimmy's mirror and something pretty for me to look at when I leave my closet!




How pretty!




Adding art to the walls is really making a difference in how our home looks.  I love the fruit botanical art too and was considering adding some to the dining room or mudroom, but thought it might be overkill!



Want to share your sources for art?  It's such a personal preference thing, but I'd love to hear what you think.













0 comments:

Post a Comment