Musical Rugs

I guess it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to me that while a baby is developing the ability to feed himself, mealtimes will become really messy. 

image

Aside from food getting into every nook and cranny of the highchair, it’s also starting to end up on the floor.  I recently bought a “splat mat”, but that doesn’t necessarily prevent food from landing outside of the mat.  

We previously had a nice rug (6x9) from Crate & Barrel under the breakfast table that I really loved, but it was hard to clean.  It was also kinda pricey ($349), so I didn’t want it to get ruined during mealtimes.   James’ highchair is usually at the end of the table.

image

I started looking for an inexpensive indoor/outdoor rug that I could, hopefully, wipe up easier.  I also wanted something a little larger than our previous rug to cover more floor area.  This one from Home Decorators was only $187 for a 6’7 x 9’6 and is part of the Martha Stewart (love her!) collection.  So far, it has cleaned up nicely.  Also, Home Decorators often offers discounts that you can find online; I bought my rug when shipping was free. 

image

image

And while I was at it, I found two runner rugs for our kitchen also from the Martha Stewart line ($49 for 2’4 x 6’7).  They are on either side of our island.  I added a long rug pad from Overstock ($22 for a 2x12) and just cut it in half to make two pads (one for each rug).  The pad keeps the rug in place really well.

image

But my favorite kitchen rug is the Dash & Albert one I picked up for $38 for a 2x3.  I’m sure the kitchen looks like a mish-mash of rug styles, but it’s what we’ve got for now:)

image

The original breakfast room rug was moved to the entryway.  I was happy to see how perfectly it fits! 

image

Isn’t it fun to rearrange things and use them in different places in your home?  In fact, that console in our entryway has been in that spot, but was also in the dining room for a bit, and now is back to the entryway!  When my hubby comes home from work, he’s usually asking, “What have you moved now?” Ha!

**********

0 comments:

Post a Comment