Simple Mom {Helpful Checklists}

This may sound bad, but one of the things I like about going back to work (part-time) is the "free" time it gives me!  My job is great in that my obligation is to get my work done, but I have the freedom to come and go and so, for instance, yesterday during lunch I popped into the bookstore to look around for a few minutes - alone!  Bliss!!



I happened upon a new book that I'm smitten with:  Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider, whom you may know via her blog, Simple Mom.  I can't believe I hadn't visited regularly before, as I can identify with the purpose behind her blog, combining motherhood with productivity.





I'm not typically drawn to books on cleaning or organizing because I generally just prefer to DO it- not read about it!  But this book is a little different because the intention she writes with really resonated with me and also because she includes some really great, practical checklists!


Oh, how I love to check something off of a list!  Drawing that line through gives me such satisfaction!



The first list that got my attention is the Daily Docket, which is part of the Home Management Notebook.  Maybe "docket" reminds me of my lawyer work, but it's a familiar term and helps me think of my home in the business sense, as in, I am the Manager of our home.  And I like things to run smoothly and efficiently!







The Daily Docket is a page that you fill out each day that helps you set goals for everything you want to accomplish that week- with flexibility as to when you will do it.  You put the three most important things (MIT) at the top of the list and other categories for the day's general plan.



I've been sort of doing this in my head, but I like the idea of mapping it out, so that I can help the day not get away from me without accomplishing the important things I need to get done.   Below is the SimpleMom Daily Docket Sheet.  All the Simple Mom downloads are available FREE here!  Isn't that Awesome?!





Right now, I'm working on designing my own "Daily Docket" that works for me and my life, but the one above is a great start.  


Speaking of lists, I love my Real Simple grocery checklist that I got at Target.  I'm happy to say it's still working for me!







Are you a "list" person?  Any practical suggestions you'd like to share?


0 comments:

Post a Comment