Moving the Thermostat

A couple of weeks ago, I showed you the wall in our home that divides the kitchen and living room which contained the annoyingly-placed thermostat and ceiling fan remote.   I really wanted to put a piece of art there, but those two things were in the way.  The remote was easy enough to remove by simply unscrewing it from the wall and placing in a nearby kitchen drawer.

image

I was told that we could buy a wireless thermostat and place it on a completely different wall, but the quote for the wireless model and installation was $634!  Thankfully, our builder determined that he could move the existing thermostat to the side of the current wall, for $80, the cost of additional wires because our current wiring was too short.

He unscrewed the thermostat from the wall and I held my breath while he cut into the sheetrock.

DSC_0337

He then reattached the thermostat to the end of the wall where it is totally inconspicuous! 

DSC_0477

Now, we finally have some art on the wall!  And you don’t even notice the thermostat anymore!

DSC_0430

DSC_0432

(p.s. Did you notice I switched out the breakfast room benches for chairs?  (go back to the top to see the benches) I like it better, but now what do do with the benches??  And our dining table is missing some chairs . . . ) 

Note to self: we could have avoided this whole thermostat issue from the beginning had I known to be mindful of that!  Lots of people have the same issue with their light switches.  I saw Emily A. Clark provide a creative solution for decorating around those problems on her blog recently.  Great idea Emily!

Also, I recently shared a few easy (if I’m doing them, they better be simple!) fabric DIY projects at A Well Dressed Home.   If you haven’t visited Emily’s blog before, you will love it- she has a design style that I really admire.

image

**********

0 comments:

Post a Comment