Easter Brunch

Easter is upon us again, one of my favorite holidays.  Full of the freshness and newness of Spring perfectly consistent with the hope that Jesus brought when he rose!  Thank God for that!

image

image via

This year, after church, we are hosting a small Easter brunch at our house.  I love the casualness of brunch, it’s easy and relaxing.  Having the brunch at home gives the kiddos free reign and lets the adults kick back and enjoy the morning without worrying about keeping kids in check at a restaurant. 

I love a simple, light table setting with a few containers of flowers in the same hue.  Too bad our view to the backyard isn’t as stunning!

 image

image via

But, what I really love about brunch is the food! I’ve always been a breakfast-for-dinner kind of gal, known to enjoy pancakes (with peanut butter and syrup!) or eggs in the evening.  My cooking skills aren’t all that great, but my French toast, coffee cake, and blueberry muffins are actually pretty good.  Fresh fruit is simple enough to assemble and with some coffee, oj, and perhaps a little champagne, you’ve got yourself a little brunch party!

image images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

And after we eat, of course it'll be time for an Easter egg hunt!  I’ve been really impressed with the different variety of decorated eggs I’ve seen lately.  We haven't done any here yet though. 

image

images via 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I’m really looking forward to it!  What are your plans??

0 comments:

Post a Comment