Fridge Cleanout

Lately I’ve been trying to save money so that I can purchase the bigger-ticket items (like furniture) to bring our home design together.  It’s requiring a lot of patience, but I think it’s a good thing because it allows me to take my time to develop the vision I have for each room. I’ve been working on my own design boards for the rooms, which I love, because it allows me to see more clearly what the rooms will look like before I make my purchases.  So, I was remarking to my friend Emily recently that, when I don’t shop, I organize and clean!  The fridge was on my hit list last weekend.

To me, the fridge is one of those areas like the car, that sometimes gets too little attention, but when it’s clean and tidy, it feels so good.  After our latest trip to the grocery store and once all the groceries were put away, I couldn’t even see what we had because it was so unorganized (especially inside the drawers).

 DSC_0201

DSC_0204

DSC_0203

You all know by now that I like to start with a clean slate.  Take everything out.  Yep, all 4 bottles of opened soy sauce, both jars of mayo, and all the expired salad dressing! 

DSC_0206

A little scrub with soap and water gets the fridge all shiny again!  (see my little helper at the bottom?!)

DSC_0207 DSC_0209

Then, hello organized refrigerator!

DSC_0212  DSC_0211

(It’s weird to see the 3 different kinds of milk we’re buying these days:  skim for me, soy for hubby, and whole for baby)

And now I can see what’s in the drawers!

DSC_0219

DSC_0217

DSC_0218

I think the freezer is jealous now . . . better get to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment