Organized {Spices}

Am I ridiculous for getting excited about organizing my spices?  Sad, I know:)  Before my little spice-organization project, my spice jars were a mismatched jumble.  I had been wanting to organize them and make them prettier for some time, and when I read how SmittenKitchen organized her spices here, I was inspired.   

Here’s what my confused spices looked like BEFORE.

June 2010 (House) 003 

And here they are AFTER

Pre-Move, spices, closet 006

Pre-Move, spices, closet 007 

  Pre-Move, spices, closet 002

I used the 4.5 ounce sealable glass jars, which are perfect for fitting your whole tablespoon into.  I washed and dried the jars, then  went through my spices to make sure they were still good.  It was also interesting to see which spices I have that I’ve never even opened.  (Hello 5 Spice Powder, nice to meet you!  But me and cinnamon are tight- love you in my oatmeal in the morning!) After making labels with my printer (Font: Bradley Hand ITC), I attached them to each jar.  Like SmittenKitchen points out, there are tiny air bubbles in the labels, but it really doesn’t bother me.

Bedroom furniture makeover 004Bedroom furniture makeover 002

Bedroom furniture makeover 001   Bedroom furniture makeover 003

I put the jars on a lazy susan so that I could rotate them for easy locating of specific spices, and, of course arranged them in rainbow order:)  Makes me want to cook something!

 Pre-Move, spices, closet 001

********

I’m sharing this post with these fabulous blogs:

A Few of My Favorite Things * All Thingz Related * Blue Cricket Design * C.R.A.F.T. * Fingerprints on the Fridge * Infarrantly Creative * Just A Girl * Keeping it Simple * Mad in Crafts * Me and My Bucket * Miss Mustard Seed * New Nostalgia * Remodelaholic * Seven Thirty Three * Serenity Now * Super Stinky Boys * Tatertots and Jello * The Inspired Room * The Shabby Chic Cottage * The Shabby Nest * Thrifty Decor Chick * Today’s Creative Blog * Under the Table and Dreaming

and here

0 comments:

Post a Comment