First Day on the Job

as a stay-at-home-mom!   For me, it was a tough decision to leave my job that I studied so long for (4 years of college + 3 years of law school), and worked so long at (2 years clerking and 6 years working), and actually LIKED.  The people I worked with are great and I’m gonna miss them, but for now, this little guy has tugged me away and I know in my heart that it is the best decision for our family right now.  I’m so looking forward to being home with him and enjoying our time together and making a home for our family. 

Pre-Move, spices, closet 003

He’s discovering new things each day (like his toes!) and is a bundle of energy.  He even rolled over today for the first time! 

I would love to hear how you moms manage your families and household.  I know that there is no “perfect” way, nor should that be the goal, and I am really working toward just being content in the moment.  My son has slowed me WAY down and I am getting better at just “being” with him.  There is so much love and joy that it just cannot be contained. 

Of course, my personality leans toward wanting to get things accomplished and I have so many things I’d like to do with the new house and personal goals to achieve.  But for now, my main focus is my son and being the best mom I can be. 

Baby in new house (mid June 2010) 005

0 comments:

Post a Comment